Managing your Ident-A-Kid apps throughout the school year is a good rule to live by. However, there are some things that you should make time to review at the start of each school year. We have outlined here what you should check to get your system ready for day one!
- Check your current active users in the Users list. This list manages all users who have access to your Ident-A-Kid apps.
- Import any new preloaded lists for the new year. These can include staff, student, or volunteer lists.
- Review/Set an Admin Override passcode
- Review your badge settings and adjust as needed
- Clear your Preapproved Visitors List (we recommend that if you use the sexual offender check and the preapproved visitors list that you clear that list periodically)
- Review your Nogo List (The nogo list manages who cannot enter your location)
- Review your Notification settings (These settings are important for the sexual offender and nogo alerts. Be sure each user who has access to notifications to review their notification settings also.)
Check-In Station (Web Client):
- Make sure any devices you are using are configured and working correctly. (This includes the Client Agent which is used for printing badges.)
- Review badge settings and adjust as needed
- Do a few test check-ins/outs to be sure everything is working as expected
- Check your label supply
- Clean your dymos with a dymo cleaning pad or alcohol wipes
- Put hand sanitizer or cleaning wipes by your kiosk station
- Consider any new hardware you may need added for the year