Where can I download Identakid VM?
You can download Identakid VM from http://visitormanagement.identakid.com/v3/.
What are the system requirements for Identakid VM?
- Windows 7/8.1/10
- Modern Dual- or Quad-core 2 GHzProcessor or faster
- Minimum of 2GB of RAM for Windows 7, or 8; 4GB for Windows 10
- Minimum of 500MB of available hard drive space
- Keyboard and Mouse or some other compatible pointing device (Touchscreen is also compatible!)
- Video adapter and monitor with SVGA (1024 x 768) or higher resolution
- Audio Playback Capability for sound notifications
- Internet access for database backup [Details on this can be found here.]
How do I install the Client? Manager? Are there any prerequisites?
*Ensure you are installing the software from an account with full administrative rights, preferably a local admin. If the rights aren’t sufficient, it could cause errors with our program accessing the required libraries from it’s prerequisites and accessing it’s own database.
- Navigate to the V3 download page (http://visitormanagement.identakid.com/v3/). Once there, you will see 2 downloads, Client FULL and Manager FULL. Note: The below screenshot may have old versions listed. The latest version will always be available on our website.
- Both will prompt you to run the program as an Administrator and will not allow you to continue until it is run as an admin. (To run as admin, right click the downloaded file and click the “Run as Administrator” option.)
- Once the installer loads it will download and install any needed prerequisites first, then the main program will install. There aren’t any special options to set, just click Next through the installer until it is complete. It will create an icon on your desktop that you can use to launch the program. This will also need to be run as an administrator at all times. (An easy method for doing this would be to right click the icon, go to Properties then to the Compatibility tab, here toward the bottom you will see an option to run the program as an Administrator.)
Can I install the Client and Manager on different computers?
The Client and Manager do not need to be installed on the same system but there is a limit on how many can be registered at any one time. You can have up to 3 Managers and 5 Clients registered and running at once.